Generator Starting System TAIYO Can not Starting From ECR
Engine Control System (ECS)
Error Issue:Starting condition generator:
- Can start of local control,
- Cant distart of ECR.
1. ECS (Engine Control System)
- ECS does not generate an output signal for the start command to the solenoid. Some of the requirements that must be met in order to respond to commands start at ECS units are: Ready to Start signal is generated at the GRU unit 11.
- We estimate that there is a problem in the GRU unit, because: At the time of testing ECS unit, with signaling Ready to Start, this unit can produce output starting signal to the starting solenoid section.
- The solution is checking the GRU unit 11. And result: ECS no problem
2. GRU 11
- In accordance with the request of the ship's crew, the GRU unit 11 are required to be replaced because it has a spare. Then the GRU unit 11 is replaced with a new unit.
- Replacement units "GRU11" resolved the issue with a few changes of the wiring.
- Starting system has been running normally and can start from the ECR and local control.
- Starting directly at the generator unit was asked to do after the boat out of the docks or in a state of floating.
|Engine Control System Unit|
|Starting Command Button from ECR|